After the next episode, which is the big 2-0-0, we’ll be going to the Euros before any of the yearly roundup stuff and I need your help.
I want to make this tournament really bloody good so I’m going to try something out, but I really want to hear feedback from you lot as to whether or not this sounds good. At this point a lot of you have presumably read almost 200 episodes of Franjo and you’ll have a decent idea what you like and dislike about what I do, so your opinions will shape how we do this.
Here’s what I’m thinking:
– Still doing 3 episodes per week as I reckon doing 5 will make each episode lower quality. Again, really want this to be good.
– Only 1 of those episodes being a match
– 1 of them being a roundup of the other matches played that gameweek, best players etc (Send me ideas for other things to cover)
– 1 of them being a preview of our next opponents. Their results, best players, bit of background etc (Send me ideas for other things to cover)
“Pros” of this idea:
– I’m hoping that doing the Euros in this way will actually turn it into something really special and different from the normal domestic episodes
– I think it’ll add a lot to the actual story if we take the time to get some more context around the matches by looking at the tournament as a whole and looking extra closely at our next opponents.
“Con” of this idea:
– If we go all the way to the final, the Euros will cover an 8 week period. That could turn out to be a “pro”, I have no idea. A potential of 8 matches in 8 weeks might be too slow, but that could be countered by the extra content and extra bits of story that will be in.
So that’s my idea and I would very much like your thoughts! Comment on here, fm-base or email me at email@example.com and let me know how that structure sounds to you and let me know of any other ideas you have, specifically about things to cover in the “Euro Roundup” and “Next Opposition” episodes if I end up doing them.
Cheers all, have a good weekend!